History of Circulo Company of Brazil
Founded in 1938 by Leopoldo Jorge Theodor Schmalz in Gasper, Santa Catarina, Brazil, Circulo has grown into the world famous yarn manufacturer for embroidery, hand knitting and crochet.
Throughout the 1970’s, the company invested heavily in automated processes and staff training and this enabled Leopoldo Adolfo Schmalz, son of the founder to restructure the company and expand into the international market.
Today, the company employs over 1000 staff who are seen as the core resource in carrying it forward. The premises comprise of 33,000 sq. metres and is an imposing building in the region. It trades in 38 countries over the 5 continents.
Over the past 30 years, it has developed collaborative arrangements with distributors in many countries and through local branding it means that its yarns are more pervasive than generally recognised. Circulo yarns are truly quality products that enjoy an ever increasing following amongst discerning crafters.